Upstage Summer Camp 2020
Dear Upstage Parents-
After much consideration we have decided that the safest course of action for this summer is to postpone our traditional in person Summer Camps 2020 to Summer 2021. We are excited, however, to tell you about the new live online offerings (taught by all of their favorite teachers) that we have created to fill your kid’s summer.
Our 5 – 9 year old kids will have the opportunity to participate in live (Zoom) one-week camps (9 am to noon) that will run each week Monday through Friday from June 15th to August 7th. Weekly show themes including High School Musical, Moana, Wizard of Oz, Lion King, Frozen, Disney Villains, Beauty and the Beast, and Descendants. Go here for a sample class schedule and more information. There will also be a very cool digital performance element that the kids will be working towards all week. There will be a viewing “party” for each camp the week after it ends. ($290/per weekly session)
Students 10 – 14 years old will have live (Zoom) two-week online intensives that will also run every two weeks Monday through Friday from June 15th to August 7th (9:30 am to 2:00 pm). We will be working on the three elements of musical theatre: singing, acting and dancing. There will be an exciting digital performance that the students will be working to produce throughout the session. Themes will be Hamilton, Wicked, Willy Wonka and Broadway Villains. There will also be a unique newcamp that will give students the opportunity to collaborate on an original short musical with a viewing “party” for each camp the week after it ends. ($640/per two-week session)
WE KNOW WE CAN DO IT:
We are currently running 15 Live Online Classes with close to 100 kids. We have been busy perfecting online, skills based classes (read Adrian’s Blog here). Upstage is committed to engaging your kids – connecting to the younger ones with sensory stimulating activities and continuing to teach all age groups Theatre Skills for Life. Parents, we will take care of your kids for the full camp time – you will not need to do a thing! All camps will be run in small groups.
SO WHAT IS NEXT? YOU HAVE CHOICES:
1. You can choose to apply your tuition to next summer (securing your spot) and we will offer you a bonus credit to use toward any other program. You can use the bonus credit (see amounts below) toward any online and in person program.
2. You can choose to use your balance as a credit toward ANY Upstage online or in person program. If you choose this option we will also give you a bonus credit for leaving your money with Upstage.
3. If the options above do not work for you and you would like a refund, we will connect with you to find the best resolution for your family.
HOW TO PROCEED:
All requests must be submitted through this form to let us know what you would like to do (even if you have already emailed us with your preference in the past). Formsare due by May 31st (please note this date supersedes the original May 15th cancellation deadline) if we do not hear from you by this date, we will automatically save your summer tuition as a credit for future programs.
REMEMBER: YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS FORM
(please do not respond to this email with your request)
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- We plan to have the shows we had originally scheduled for Summer 2020 (Frozen, Sound of Music, CATS, Wizard of Oz, Matilda, Hamilton) to be the line-up of shows for Summer 2021, but we do reserve the right to change the show title.
- Bonus Credit works like this: If your child was originally registered for a one-week camp you get an extra $50 bonus; two-week camp $100; and a three-week camp $150.
- Credits cannot be applied to after-school programs at Kenter Canyon, Roscomare Road, Horace Mann and SPEF 5th Grade Musical.
- Please note this supersedes the original May 15th cancellation deadline.
Our Upstage team appreciates your support and understanding in these difficult times – we want to continue to offer quality programs when this is all over and we are proud of our amazing staff who are working hard to create the best live online content out there for kids. Please be patient with us as we process all of your requests – we are a small team and it will take time.
Thank you all for making Upstage the family that it is!
Adrian & Julie
please email us at: email@example.com